On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 03:00 +0200, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2006-05-14 19:41:17 -0400, Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> > I guess you have -not- been involved with SUSE for very long. There used
> > to be -two- books one of which was an admin book which is no longer
> > available. And now there is -no- pdf replacement. What a shame, a very
> > good distro going to the dogs. I can just imagine what the bean counters
> > were saying:
>
> mind to see my email address?

Your email address has nothing to do with it. You could have been hired
last year.

Apologies, going to the dogs is a bit strong. The distro is not going to
the dogs but some of the changes have not been for the better. I have
used SuSE since the fall of 1998 and it has been better with each
release. But some of the things that have made it so good (and why I
choose it) are not good. The manuals -are- needed. Have you ever tried
to research a problem on a server that will not boot when the only place
for that research is the pdf manual that is on the server that will not
boot?

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998