Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Monday 2006-05-15 at 11:59 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
>> In absolute numbers yes, but in relative, I wonder if not most people
>> have or are moving to ADSL?  Many countries have 95% or better
>> coverage, and the cost is now _almost_ negligible.  (the cheapest
>> here is CHF9/month plus CHF2.40/hour).
>
> That "many" countries means the first world only, and then only cities
> in my part of the first world. They are thinking some kind of radio
> link instead.

I would still maintain many countries have it, but of course you're
right that it doesn't apply everywhere.  5 years ago I was also told
"nope, ADSL won't work where you live", but that changed 1-2 years
later.  We've recently been upped to 5.6Mbit downstream.

> Cable is not viable, they say, although it lies 30 meters from my
> door.

You'd probably have to pay for them digging in the cable - that's what
usually happens around here.

/Per Jessen, Zürich