On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 05:39:27PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> Belgium's 75% availability is pretty low - even the UK reached 90% about
> two years ago.  I did say "available to", _not_ "in use by".

Even if availability would be 100%, that does not make it so that users
are actually using it. You can hardly force people to take ADSL just so
they can download the ISOs more easily.

The fact that Belgium has a 'low 75%' and still is considerd 'high' should
say enough.

So the availability has only indirect impact. And even then 5% is a lot of
people. Remember that to Windows, Linux is 5% and I asume you also don't
want to be ignored.

Furthermore there are plenty of places where high speed connections are
expensive (South Africa among others, I understood).

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau