Marcus Meissner wrote:

>>> Next week hopefully. We have a test repo online already and fixing
>>> the last critical bugs.

>>> See opensuse-factory, where AJ started one...
>>>

>> Ok, I'll take a look...
>>
>> On a side note: do you know if there are plans to develop a KDE native
>> updater applet?
>>

> Yes. We even have found a student who wants to do it ;)
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/suse/about.html
>
> Btw, the previous YOU watcher just run a commandline program
> ("online_update")...
> It could be ported to just call "rug"... ;)
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Thanks Marcus.

Great to see this happening. I was becoming a little bit paranoid about
the whole 'package management/gnome/kde' stuff.

Am I correct to say that with the zmd/rug stuff you can actually push
updates to machines? So it's not only polling for updates at the
repository but a way to force this from a management console/gui thingy?

Regards Harry