Gee I do not know what companies you work for but all of electrical engineer companies I have worked for we had to ascertain what equipment would do the job, ascertain what software was required to perform the stated function, purchase the equipment, install the software, make the soft ware work, and do this while making a profit for the division or we were out the door.