On Monday 14 August 2006 23:54, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday, August 14, 2006 at 23:01:30, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> > would everone be able to live with a majority decision about this
> > matter? Looks like not all people trust me enough to decide this based
> > on the arguments presented. I would do this by mail to me. Do you trust
> > me enough to count votes?
>
> I will wait until tomorrow 14:00 CEST until i accept votes. Just so
> anyone can raise objections against this.

Excuse me, but is there really any point to this?  The membership of a mailing
list is changing.  Are you going to revote every time someone complains and a
few other people agree?  It is much better for there to be an opensuse policy
for all lists and people can accept it or leave.  Yes, a democracy can be a
wonderful thing but these decisions have to stick around for some long period
of time. You can't get anything productive done if you have to revote every
time someone complains and others agree.

The initial decision was made based on some reasoning, I assume.  Not just
your personal preference.  Is there really a valid reason to consider
changing this now?