What I really think is lost in all this is that the customers really want
stuff to just work.  They do not buy into all the OSS philosiphy.  I think
we often forget the unless people use the OS, we are not going to really
make a change in who is the best OS.  I think many are looking for
something better than MS provides.  I thin they are tired of all the MS...
All they really want is something that works and works well.  We need to
provide that for them.

One good thing that has come because of all the MS problems is people no
longer expect a perfect product.  I remember when, it there was a bug or
something did not quite work they way they thought it should, you heard
about it till you either changed the program or made an exception and
changed your program to work they way they wanted it.  We now do not have
to provide the smallest fastest, bug free code possible.  Some problems
are expected, and a tolerence for giving time to make changes has become
acceptable.  So that is a benefit I see coming from MS and their bad code.
We now have open code that may be review by anyone.  I think this makes
for better programs and OS.

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047