[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So if Microsoft alleges patent infringement in specific code it must be
> removed, Novell cannot continue to distribute it (to the US) neither can
> Debian, or Ubuntu, or a SUSE fork, as they cannot grant their distributees
> the right to freely distribute it. Forking or using another distribution
> will not change anything.

Microsoft can allege all they want. Novell is the only linux distributer that
would listen to them. For anyone to think Microsoft might actually be able to
prove any patent infringement on any current linux dist in a court of law is
ridiculous. Unless that would actually happen I only see the Novell linux dist
being bullied by MS.

Mark