Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* A. den Oudsten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [11-27-06 14:03]:

I managed to change /etc/fstab as su -, but when I tried to mount the cdrecorder I gotthe massage Only root can mount As su - I gave the command mount media/cdrecorder The answer was: Can t find media/cdrecorder in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
And mount dev/cdrecorder gave the same message

Please provide too much information rather than too little.  We are not
sitting in front of your screen and have little to no knowledge how,
what or why you do things.  ie:
  You managed to change /etc/fstab                 -- To What?
  You gave command to mout media/cdrecorder        -- How and to What?
note: "Only root can mount" indicates incorrect /etc/fstab
      "Can't find media/cdrecorder" indicates incorrect mount command
         s/b /media/cdrecorder or /dev/cdrecorder

Telling exactly what you want, what you did to what is important.  A
single incorrect character can cause havoc.

I use 10.1 installed from a dvd that came with Linux Magazine.
On the screen I got the symbols for cdrecorder, cdrom player and dvd player. When I tried any of them to mount I got - and still get - the message: 'Only root can mount dev/cdrecorder on media/cdrecorder',
'Only root can mount dev/cdrecorder on media/cdrecorder' and
'Only root can mount dev/dvd on media/dvd'  respectively.

I looked in fstab and found for cdrecorder and dvd player: /dev/cdrecorder /media/ subfs noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0 /dev/dvd /media/ subfs noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

and managed to change that to:
/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder subfs noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0 /dev/dvd /media/dvd subfs noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

The messages still are the same!

When I give - as su - - the command (as Ken Schneider advised)

mount /media/cdrecorder
I get back
mount: unknown filesystem type 'subfs'

????