Doug,

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 18:21, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> The downside of these goofy new connections is that you can't use a
> keyboard you really want, or a "mouse" you really want.  I have a
> number of IBM keyboards that I picked up years ago at flea markets,
> and they're loud, but indestructable, and have a really good "touch."

Oh, yeah! Genuine tactile feedback. If anyone knows of a keyboard still
in production that has it, I'd love to know about it. I'm sure they're
not cheap, but I'd say worthwhile. And yes, those old IBM keyboards
were noisy, but you can type much faster and more reliably when you get
better feedback.

> --doug

Randall Schulz