On Dec 15 2006 14:15, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>* Rui Santos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [12-15-06 13:30]:
>> Jan Engelhardt, it seems you are mistaken. Although /proc is destined
>> to oblivion, usbdevfs has been replaced, probably around 2.6.12
>> (can't remember exactly), by usbfs, witch is what ?? Kanenas ?? is
>> talking about. I haven't installed OpenSuSE 10.2 yet but, I can
>> assure you that usbfs is present on Kernel 2.6.18 ( even on the new
>> 2.6.19 ).
>
>yes,
>
>14:13 wahoo:~ > uname -r
>2.6.18.5-jen40-default
>
>14:14 wahoo:~ > grep usbfs /etc/fstab
>usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto      0 0

Yes what?

$ uname -r
2.6.18.5-jen40b-default
$ grep -i usb /proc/filesystems
$

Ok so tell me what module I need ;-)
Wait, don't tell me, it's usbcore.ko. But that's loaded, so:

$ gzip -cd /proc/config.gz | grep DEVICEFS
# CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS is not set

Hm, so let's see why this is unset... exactly, because it's not set
in the kernel .config files that came with kernel-source.src.rpm.
Surprising, is not it, that it was SUSE to disable it?

So stop the FUD that it's my fault.

        -`J'