On Friday 15 December 2006 11:09, Leendert Meyer wrote:

> > yes, i tried the obvious before I posted. as root. I am not a
> > guru, but i am aware of a few of the basics.
>
> Basics? How about "md -p /proc/bus/usb"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leen

No i did not know that. I said "a few" of the basics.
and no, it does not work. and yes I was pretty sure that /proc is not
a "normal" dir that can not be touched. Yet I tried every suggestion made so
far, sarcastic or not, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, perhaps
something has changed now that /proc is on the way out.

But:

It seems that there are some tendencies to deride folks not in the know, say
someone like me. I am simply saying that I would appreciate some help with
the problem at hand. I thought that in general "there are no stupid
questions, only stupid answers", doesn't that apply on this list?