On Monday, January 15, 2007 @ 9:08 PM, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

>Greg Wallace wrote:
>>
>> When I go to that opensuse web page, it basically says you can't get
there
>> from here, so to speak.  I know that's not the case since many of you
guys
>> are playing DVDs, so what else do I need to do to get this beast to work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg Wallace
>>

>Did you get the xine updates from Packman?

>Also a version of Kaffiene from there?

>Just a couple thoughts.

>A few back I posted that my new 10.2 install was up and running. Well,
>it does, sort of. I put in a DVD when I first got everything done and it
>played just fine. Yesterday I decided I wanted to watch a movie. So I
>popped in a disk. All of a sudden I get a message that I can't watch it.
>I don't have "permission"!!! If'n it ain't one thing it's six others.

What an ordeal, just to be able to play a video (and then you're still
having problems).  So it seems xine and Kaffiene sort of work together and I
need updates to both, is that right?  I haven't installed many packages
outside of what is provided from SuSE (maybe 2 or 3).  Mostly software that
comes with its own installation script.  I've also never gotten anything off
of packman.  I just took a look out there and found gxine, xine-lib,
xine-skins, and xine-ui packages. Looks like there's only one kaffeine
package to worry about.  So if I just install each of those packages should
that do the trick?

Thanks,
Greg W