Doug McGarrett wrote:
Hi, everyone--

I know the "w" in the file means Windows. Is there a plugin that will let Linuxers display these files? (Kaffeine comes up and says "no way.")
If there is, how do I find it and install it?  These are from friends, so I
don't think they are knowingly diseased.
An aside:  if they were diseased, i.e., infected with something that would
be a problem in Windows, would it affect my Linux system? I think about this, but I'm not paranoid, and my XP system--when it's
working--has enough added-in paranoia that I don't worry about it.

--doug
You need the win32 codec pack, you can find it from Packmans site.
To make things easier, you should take a look at konvenientSUSE:
(http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=43378)

/J

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. Van De Snepscheut