Hi,

Some time ago I skype-ed with my mom sitting on modem dial-up. Few
times it was quite OK, but recently the quality/speed is just horrib-
le:( I'm on broadband already, so only her SUSE 8.2 comp' would limit
the connection's speed...

I did search on Google and came to other, mostly open software,
which could be used for such voice-only contact. I have downloaded
few of them, but before doing extensive trials on them, would
ask for a feedback, if a customized (=well configured) skype or
any other tools are in use somewhere through dial-up with quite
enjoyable quality?!

Thank you,
Pelibali