I posted a part of this last week, but excused it as I had not pulled in
all the upgrades for 10.2.  Now I have everything current, I believe,
and still have the issue++.

It started with Firefox leaving 'firefox-bin' running, so a new session
will not start until I remove firefox-bin with either top or "killall
firefox-bin".

In addition, I have seen similar instances with kinternet refusing to
start, thinking it is still running.  Killall then re-launch gets it
going.

And the third part of the puzzle...over the past week, on logging into
gnome, and launching evolution, I will get the keyring password window
maybe 1 out of three times.  When I do get the keyring login, evolution
works fine.  When I don't, I have to enter my pop password every time I
check mail.  (of course, if I'm on kde or fvwm, I have the password
issue anyway...)

So far I have not found any error logs to shed light on this.  The
firefox issue is repeatable in my laptop AND the kids pc, all three
running 10.2.

All three of the above complaints are intermittent, which really has me
scratching my head!  It will happen in kde, fvwm, gnome OR twm.

perhaps it is related to the recent thread about smp kernel as the
default?
Linux master 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

this is an athlon fx 2800 with a gig of ram (32-bit).

The kids pc is a pentium 4 with the same kernel
Linux Camserv2 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Has anyone seen anything similar?????????

Tom in NM