On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:18:55 -0600
"Rajko M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apropos the error, I think that you should use YOU (YaST Online Update)
> first,
> that will update z-related packages, and than the rest. Than you should not
> see the error.

Actually, I did try to update in yast instead of using the desktop
applet, and got very much the same errors about python problems.

I had hoped that if it was just different servers being synced
at different times, that they would eventually get back in sync,
but this python problem has persisted for weeks.

Next time I have 10.2 booted, I'll try making all the repos point
to the same mirror and see if that helps, but one of the things
I wanted to do with 10.2 was observe its default behavior "out of
the box" using the defaults it sets up - from that standpoint
it is definitely a nightmare (even if it is fixable with a big
enough hammer :-).