On Tuesday 13 February 2007 15:09, IG Coolen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 16:38 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> > On 2/12/07, IG Coolen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Dan,
> > >
> > > Are you trying to connect from your 10.2 workstation to a (windows)
> > > server? I have it running, using my opensuse laptop as a RDP client to
> > > a windows server.
> >
> > that really works? I can get an RDP session to a windows server,
> > without having to have VNC server running on the windows box?
> >
> > Peter
>
> Sure it works.
> Make sure you have the rdesktop package installed. I have no GUI
> frontend in gnome, but KDE offers a rdesktop frontend for this tool. It
> supports VNC and RDP.
>
> My experience is that it works way faster then the "official"  Windows
> RDP client. And easier to configure.
>
> To start from the commandline:>rdesktop <hostname>
>
> I use the resolution parms and userid password in my shortcuts. Works
> like a charm.

I use it all the time to go through VPN into my Windows XP and Windows 2003
workstations.

Just use rdp://[EMAIL PROTECTED] to connect.  Because I'm not on the DNS
for my LAN when going through VPN, I use rdp://[EMAIL PROTECTED] to
connect.

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/2007/20070213_rdc_work.jpg

There, that's a screen shot I just took from my laptop.
--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos
http://www.perfectreign.com/?q=node/46