On Sunday 25 February 2007 14:28, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
> If I boot the machine with the #1CD it boots into the
> linux installer without any problems. In fact the boot messages tell me
> that the system found the mouse.  Unfortunately, when the gui opens the
> mouse doesn't work.
Ttry a couple of things:

        1) try a different mouse... and make sure that the mouse port or mouse
pins
have not been bent or damaged.

        2) try another style mouse (standard 2-3 button PS/2 mouse--- no wheel,
no
optics, etc)

        3) try another type of mouse (usb)

        4) install a minimal machine with the text installer and then play
around
with the mouse settings.

        If all else fails, try the hardware diagnostics for your machine---
perhaps
the mouse port is no longer functioning correctly.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><