Peter,

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 11:25, Peter Bradley wrote:

> OK.  I've run memtest as one or two of you suggested.  Could I now
> prevail on you to interpret the results for me, please?
>
> I left memtest running all day while I was out.  The following is a
> transcript of the screen as it appeared on my return (after nearly 12
> hours).  Apologies if it doesn't format correctly for you:
>
> <transcript>

[ For this kind of information, turning off line wrap when sending is
advisable. ]

> The bottom table was coloured a frightening shade of red.  Do I have
> a problem?

What do you think??

Yes, indeed, you have bad RAM. It's far from rare.

Did you, by any chance, tweak your RAM access parameters in the BIOS for
speed purposes? If so, go back into the BIOS and let it use the RAM's
SPD (Serial Presence Detect) to determine the appropriate RAM access
parameters.

If not, you're probably just going to have to replace that RAM.

> Peter

Randall Schulz