On Wednesday 14 March 2007 20:51, M Harris wrote:
>       Also correct.  No one really wants Coke or Pepsi to die... what we want
> is
> choice, freedom, and honest competition.
Or Mountain Dew!

>       Partially true... Windoze will die... and the first real nails in the
> coffin lid are M$ Fixta... this is definitely one of those times where
> giving them enough rope will eventually hang them... the competition will be
> among the unix-like OSs, and M$ will become unix-like or it will die.  (My
> prediction)
Good call, the next version of Windows, Longhorn, will come with Windows
optional. Not only headless, which 2003 can do, but also gui-less. This only
applies for core server configurations; if the server will do more, it will
need a gui. However, this definitely sounds like a shift in philosophy for
M$.