Basil Chupin wrote:
The manual seems to indicate that once the password for the root has been fed into the system during installation then it cannot be changed by any means.

I would like to change my (root) password. Can this be done? Or do I need to reinstall the whole sheebang?

Cheers.

Thanks to all who replied and telling me that passwd will do what I want to do. I couldn't see anything in DaBigGreenManual which would solve my need.

Cheers.

--
Trust, once lost, cannot be regained.