On Tuesday 20 March 2007, dwain wrote:
> i find that when new software comes out, it takes a while to get the
> update quickly.  i have been asked by the inkscape folks if i would
> be interested in packaging rpms for opensuse.
>
> as new to this os as i am and not being a programmer, not afraid to
> learn though, would someone be interested, having the time, to walk
> me through the process?  i know the software is available, and i
> think it's loaded on my machine.
>
> is it that complicated?
>
> dwain
>
> --

Dwain,
Check out the program "krpmbuilder".  I believe it shows up in
Development in your menu.  It will be a great help in building a proper
rpm with spec file and help you in better understanding what is going
on with the process.

Grab a couple of spec files from other programs source to compare and
get a feel for the process.  I think you'll find yourself up to your
armpits in compiling very quickly.

regards,
Lee

--
---   KMail 1.96--- Zenwalk v4.4.1 - Linux 2.6.20   ---
       Registered Linux User #225206