On 3/27/07, Rafa Griman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When I defined the Proxy settings via YaST (as you describe) I (root)
didn't get the .curlrc file created so I created it manually. Logged
out ... logged in ... rebooted ... The only thing left to do ins
reinstall ;) But I still get the error I get when I start the Online
Update Configuration and when I try to add a new installation source:

   Execute curl command failed with '56':
   curl: (56) Received HTTP code 407 from proxy after CONNECT

My proxy settings are as follows:

   http_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
   ftp_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
   gopher_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
   https_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
   no_proxy=10*, localhost, 127.0.0.1

Would I have to remove the "user:password" part from these variables
if I use the .curlrc file? YaST put them there so I guess that's OK
and they won't interfere.

Would I need to add to the .curlrc file a:

     --proxy-anyauth | --proxy-basic | --proxy-digest | --proxy-ntlm

entry?

On my laptop I have:
http_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
ftp_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
gopher_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
https_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
no_proxy=localhost, 127.0.0.1, <local domain>

No user:password part.

When defining proxy in Yast, I added username and proxy password in
Proxy Authentication box and tried "Test Proxy Settings". Does it work
on your machine?

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein