On Wednesday 28 March 2007, Aschwin Marsman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted no worries so I bought a SUSE certified laptop
> from TransTec. Later it appeared it had SATA i.s.o. IDE
> and that was not certified (and didn't work correctly,
> once in a while everything freezed). TransTec currently
> has no working laptop for Linux, they will be in a while
> but I can't wait because I'm going to Oxford for a weak
> after easter.
>
> Q: which SUSE certified laptop works correctly with
>    10.2?
>
> I'm currently thinking about buying a HP, e.g. NC6320 with
> intel processor, NC6325 with AMD processor. Both are SuSE
> Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 certified, according to HP.

Hi .

I am using an Compaq Presario V5030  AMD Turion ATI M200 graphics (worst part
of the machine)  and the inevitable Broardcom wirless card that seems to work
ok on the built in driver in the kernel  .

Running it on openSUSE 10.2  the only comment i would make is AVOID EXT3 like
the clappers it's a real bind with it's stupid need to run fsck when it wants
causes me no end of hassle , I will be swithcing over to Reiserfs soon as i
get chance to backup my important bits and configs ..

Pete .