On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 11:46 +0200, Aschwin Marsman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted no worries so I bought a SUSE certified laptop
> from TransTec. Later it appeared it had SATA i.s.o. IDE
> and that was not certified (and didn't work correctly,
> once in a while everything freezed). TransTec currently
> has no working laptop for Linux, they will be in a while
> but I can't wait because I'm going to Oxford for a weak
> after easter.
>
> Q: which SUSE certified laptop works correctly with
>    10.2?
>
> I'm currently thinking about buying a HP, e.g. NC6320 with
> intel processor, NC6325 with AMD processor. Both are SuSE
> Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 certified, according to HP.
>
> Anybody experience with one of those laptops?
>
> What does SUSE certified mean? Does every piece of hardware
> work?
>
> Other recommendations are welcome. It's going to be used
> for business, no need for a very high 3D framerate
> although showing compiz can be usefull. The laptop should
> have firewire, bluetooth, wlan and working suspend/resume
> using open source drivers.
>
> Greetings from a sunny the Netherlands,
>
> Aschwin Marsman
I have Dell Latitude D820 w/15.4 in screen, 1680X1050 Nvidia 7300, 2 GB
ram, &2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo processor. Works fine with 10.2 including with
compiz & XGL with either 32 or 64 bit Suse. Also works with Xen, since
it got fixed, vmware, & parallels. Use it at work every day running
WinXP in parallels under Suse 10.2. Very stable and I don't recall any
crashes since I have had it, about 5 months. Suspend works as long as I
am not running parallels.

Art