Seth Arnold wrote:
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 03:29:34PM -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
boot.local script. Under Suse 10.2 and FC6, the kernel default scheduler is CFQ. I still want CFQ for the USB DVD drive, or a thumb drive. Thus, I am looking for a way for to configure HAL to change the elevator from cfq to noop upon detection of the memory stick.

No idea about the HAL end of things, but if you can figure out how to
get it to issue arbitrary commands when devices are attached, you could
echo the scheduler you want to /sys/block/whatever/queue/scheduler
I forgot to mention that I already used that method to change the scheduler for testing. It works fine, but I was looking for an automated method. hald already responds to the hotplug with a mount. It knows the device information, so if I could just make it smarter.

Bill Anderson