Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you have the kernel source installed, you will find several documents relating to I/O schedulers in the Documentation/block directory. It was through these documents that I discovered the ionice command, which only applies if you are using CFQ as an I/O scheduler. Alas, I am still looking for more information on CFQ tuning.

Bill Anderson