On Thursday 12 April 2007 08:09, dwain wrote:
> I added some other pop accounts this afternoon and now I can't log into the
> gmail server.  I get the message that login failed and the server
> terminated the connection.  I unchecked the save password and erased the
> password in identities.  I got the login screen and still couldn't login
> receiving the above message.  Any thoughts?

You're a bit short on detail, but generally to check an email account telnet
works well. I was going to produce an example, but I can't find a pop3 server
that will talk to me.

Basically, you

telnet mail 110
then follow the pop3 protocol; google can find the details, search on these
terms:
 pop3 protocol rfc

You can also run tcpdump on your desktop:
tcpdump -i any -A -s 5555 port 110
which can be very illuminating.
--
Cheers