Robert Smits wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 07:04, Clayton wrote:
>
>> This popped up on the opensuse.us forum on Monday.  A good read, and
>> looks to be nicely compatible with Linux.
>>
>> http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv
>> -hvr-950.html
>>
>> Maybe at least somewhat useful... of only as a reference.
>>
>> C.
>>

> Nobody I know receives HDTV over the air. It's on the cable system. THAT is
> what we need to be able to tune, not over the air broadcasts. What we need is
> a plug in tuner that can deal with digital HDTV on Cable. (At least in
> Western Canada).

Here in Oklahoma City all the locals, well at least the major ones, are
broadcasting in digital/HD. One station has five sub-channels active.
Most just have two or three. Two if they are just doing digital and HD
of their normal programming and three, or more, if they are doing some
alternative programming [ channel five does their weather radar live
24/7 on one - it's funny when their Windows machine crashes on live TV
and they have to reboot.].

Digital/HD is here and in the USofA it will become the standard in the
next two or three years. Better start preparing for the switch over.

- -
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh
"I LOVE YOU"