Thanks Rauch,  it seems I was really taking the long way round!

rsync -av --include=*.patch.rpm --exclude=* --partial --progress
--delete-after
rsync://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2/rpm/i586/
/usr/local/src/update/patchrpms

I just added exclude and include patterns to the command you gave me,
and it seems to be working :).

Prajjwal

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 10:21 +0200, Rauch Christian wrote:
> Prajjwal Devkota wrote:
> >         #!/bin/bash
> >
> >         BASEURL="http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2/rpm/i586/";
> >         WORKDIR=/usr/local/src/updates/patchrpms/
> >
> >         cd $WORKDIR
> >         #get list of rpms from the patch directory
> >         wget -c $BASEURL
> >         #compile a list of patch rpms
> >         awk -Fhref= '/patch.rpm/{print $2}' index.html|awk -F\" '{print
> >         $2}'>list
> >         #and pull rpms
> >         while read line
> >         do
> >                 wget -c $BASEURL/$line
> >         done<list
> >
> > Let me know if I am doing something the "too long" way round.
> >
> > Prajjwal
>
> rsync -av --partial --progress --delete-after
> rsync://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2/rpm/i586/
> /usr/local/src/updates/patchrpms/
> should do the same job
>
> Chris

Message Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain confidential
information. If you have received it in error,
please immediately inform the sender and delete the mail and any attachments.
Unless it relates to the official business
of UMN, any opinions, views and other information expressed in this document
are those of the individual sender.