On Tuesday 24 April 2007 08:11, Dick Turpin wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Every Forum and mailing list gets the same question from potential
> Linux users every now and again "Which one should I use?" they
> generally get inundated with the members personal choice rather than
> the one suited to them.
>
> Some of you may have seen this before but there is a site that hosts
> a test which, based on your answers, will give you the Linux
> Distributions that are best suited to you I've been given permission
> to link to it check it out at my site under the heading Linux Chooser
> http://cannon-linux.co.uk/my-linux-stuff.html?Itemid=27

That's not too bad. A few observations:

It would be nice to be able to back up and change some of your answers.

As is typical with this sort of approach, if you answers don't fit the
options offered (e.g., I run a workstation that also functions as a
server), you may not get optimum recommendations.

I liked the offer to teach me about alternate package management
schemes. I'm aware of the Debian system, of course, but know nothing
about it. Now I have a Web page open that will give me some basic
information about it.

Anyway, from my first pass through the advisor, I was recommended these
three distributions:

- Debian
- OpenSuSE (sic)
- Mandriva