There are only 2 distros, that I really love, and consider for serious
use: openSUSE and Mandriva Linux.

I have tried ArchLinux, Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora, Linspire and
dozens of others... while each Linux has it's own strong points, only
SUSE and Mandriva are the ones the very close  to the "best" of my of
ideals, because both are:

1) general-purpose, (more desktop oriented, but server use possible)
2) have KDE well supported
3) have large number of packages (due to rule 1)
4) have graphical control center (Yast and Mandriva Control Center)
5) well documented
6) have large community of users

The most popular distro (Ubuntu) definetely lacks (#4) something like
Yast or MCC, before I can consider it.

For now, I stay in the SUSE land, because SUSE is less buggy and more
polished than Mandriva, but I can switch if needed - that is: I stay
open-minded.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"