Carlos E. R. wrote:

Why? At 100 Mbits/s they should be faster than usb non 2.0, ie, 12 Mbit/s.

give, there is no other thing on the net (or a good switch) ie no dvd dl :-)

My PC doesn't have usb 2.0, so those network things are faster than usb.

usb 2 is now 4 or 5 years old and available on addon cards, not usefull only for backup :-)

And some of those boxes have three interfaces: network, usb, and firewire.

well... I can use USB2 for video capture (it's nearly as fast as the original disk), certainly not network.

given this the network gigabit is pretty cheap nowaday, and I would already use it if all my house was not wired on cat 5, too slow :-(

if you can have gigabit, take it, you will be glad :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Cécile, esthéticienne à Montpellier