AFAIK FAT32 has an upper limit of 127GB. which means you need lots of
partitions.

I have a usb disk I was trying to copy some linux distro iso's to,
while it was format with FAT32, and it would go up to 4 GB + and stop
saying file size limit was exceeded. For me that made it useless as a
lot of the file I have are larger than 4 GB. You will need to reformat
the disk to ext2,ext3 etc. which will make it problematic if you want
your windows and mac pcs to mount it automatically. You have to
evaluate carefully...

HTH
George