On Thursday 03 May 2007 22:58, James D. Parra wrote:
> Is there an
> argument that I can use with the 'cp' command to accomplish this?
        I have not used cp for this... but you might try  tar.

        The  -u  switch of tar will only append files to an existing tarball
that are
newer than the copy in the existing archive.

        So, you tar up the first directory... and then tar the second directory
(appending to the first archive) using the  -u  switch... and then extract
the entire archive to a new directory.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><