* M Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-11-07 23:56]:
> On Friday 11 May 2007 21:50, George Osvald wrote:
> > My experience with Reiser is exact opposite. Exf3 has not caused any
> > problems to me ever. Reiser corrupted the file system a couple of
> > times beyond the point of recovery. Also the recovery in Exf3 is much
> > faster. Exf3 simply replays the journal and that's it. Reiser was
> > re-playing records one by one and that usually took much longer (both
> > tested on AMD 64 with 1GB of memory)
>       Your reported experience is irrelevant to the discussion.
> Reiserfs is technically what it is... no more... no less.  It is a
> superior filesystem to EXTx for several technical reasons which are
> incompatible with your experience. I would have to question your
> experience.  This is a technical discussion, not a religious
> testimony.

No, there are problems with reiserfs.  I also lost data when a
reiserfs system crashed and was unrecoverable.  Since, I have moved to
exf3 and have not lost data.  I will stand the extra four or five
minutes when I reboot every other month or so for the file system
checks.

Specs on paper and "superior" technology are not "always" the best
route.

OpenSUSE Linux                                   http://en.opensuse.org/