On Sunday 20 May 2007 23:01, Jim Flanagan wrote:
> In KDE>configure
> desktop>screensaver, I get the message:
>    The specified library screensaver could not be found.
>    The diagnosis is:
>    /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: drmCloseOnce
        I'm sorry Jim, I missunderstood you... thought you couldn't get the X
configured correctly.  Just to make sure we're on the same page... does you X
setup work... in other words, do you get a desktop ?

        So, the problem is the screensaver?  Does   xscreensaver work?

        Just remove and reinstall the following packages:

        kdeartwork3-kscreensaver
        kdeartwork3-xscreensaver
        xscreensaver

        If this does not work, just to be clean about it, remove kde and
reinstall
kde.

--
Kind regards,