On Wednesday 23 May 2007 17:53, Jim Flanagan wrote:
>  I'm starting to think this card is not very well
> supported, by neither ATI nor xorg. I could try my older Radeon 9200 ,
> oops, sorry, it a 9000 with 64mb ram.
        Yeah, I am getting mixed signals from folks regarding these same
cards...
some folks are saying that the out-of-box drivers are giving 3D results...
while others cannot get the card to work at all without the proprietary
driver... so, I'm wondering about the firmware on the card... anyway, I think
I'm done with ATI until they make some significant improvements... both open
source wise, and hardware wise.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><