On Thu, May 24, 2007 12:10 am, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

>> ...I left it in the locked state for a few hours. Went off to a
>> meeting, and it has been working perfectly. Could it have been "The
>> Return of Beagle"?  I'd forgotten about the dog, and I have it
>> running. I currently have KDE System guard running to see if
>> anything
>> is stealing my processes, but so far, it has worked flawlessly for
>> the
>> past hour.
>>
> Having read the entire thread, I got this stomach gut feeling...it's
> your X
> driver. I've seen stuff like this when the display hardware doesn't
> really
> like the X driver. Or the other way round.
>
> Try digging in that direction.

Update:  How do I "dig" in this direction? I just noticed it locking
up again last night. I restarted my session in Enlightenmetn, and it
locked within about two minutes.

It "could" be hardware, as someone else mentioned, but Vista wasn't
locking like this. I have been running memtest since last night, with
no ill results.

Ideas?

When I type tail /var/log/messages I don't see anything strange.