Hello Kai!

On 6/6/07, Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Kai Ponte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [06-06-07 14:05]:
> Is there any way to mount an iso file as a user - sort of like
> mounting a usb drive?
>
> I looked and cannot find any right-click option in Konqueror to mount
> an iso file. Is this not possible?

I also expected to be able to mount ISO's with right-clicking. Sadly,
it's not that easy in SUSE.

> I found this  http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=11577
> but it has to be run as root.

google *is* your friend:
  http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+mount+iso

Tha query doesn't tell anything particular about openSUSE. You are
probably wondering how it's done in openSUSE (that's why you write
here, right?). The above query gives you the "hard" way of having to
go to shell and issue the command which probably works in most
distributions:

mount -o loop -t iso9660 filename.iso /mnt/iso

And of course, you have to do that as root. I also really wish that
users could mount ISO's by just right clicking on the file - specially
on openSUSE which tries to be one of the easiest to use distributions.

--
HG.