1. Yahoo Mail Beta: the "compose" tab doesn't work (just shows an empty tab),
   thus I can't send mail.

Strange.  It works perfectly on my system.  Granted I'm no longer on
10.0... but the differences between 10.2 and a fully updated 10.0
aren't that big so as to cause you problems with Yahoo mail.

As a workaround until this is solved, just switch back to the old
Yahoo mail.  There is a link on your Yahoo Mail page to do that.

2. PayPal Shipping: When using USPS shipping from the US to International
   destinations, the Java dialog window that opens to print the customs and
   shipping label doesn't work on SuSE.  Domestic shipping works.  The
   Java plugin is 1.4.2_13-b06, as shown in "about:plugins".

Just guessing here, but have you tried moving to a newer version of
Java? 1.4.2 is quite an old version, and it's possible that the Java
being used for that window is making calls to 1.5 or higher functions.
I've seen this kind of thing happen with other sites in Windows as
well as Linux and older versions of Java.

3. Certain websites with WMV video content don't work (shows "plugin needed"
   but no plugin was found).  Is there a way to make this work?  The
   Edit->Preferences->Contents->File Types shows some existing associations
   but doesn't give a way for me to add an external application such as
   xine.

Can't speak for Xine, but if you install MPlayer, w32codocs and
mplayerplugin from the 3rd party repositories, embedded video works
fine.  No tinkering needed.

All the above works fine with Firefox on Windows XP.  Any hints and tips?

What version of Java are you using in Windows?

C.