Kai Ponte wrote:
> Just an update on my Vista laptop that I wanted to switch over to
> SUSE.  One of the things I needed it to do was run our main
> application, written in .net but requiring many Windows-based
> controls.
>
> In any case, I've now gotten VMWare to run perfectly in a 1400x1050
> resolution with the application running just fine inside.  I have no
> problems with speed or response.
>
> I'd say this is the best of both worlds - a legacy OS like Windows
> running inside SUSE.
>
> http://www.perfectreign.com/?q=node/67
>

> ...and they call me a pointy-haird boss...ha!

I also use VMware WS 6 to run a Win 2K client - and it all works fine.
Since this might be a bit OT, could you tell me  perhaps off-list, if
you managed to set up the supplied virtual printer (I could not; I just
turned Win 2K it into a CUPS network client) and did you manage to
"talk" to one or more serial ports ( I have not succeeded so far)?
begin:vcard
fn:Daniel Feiglin
n:Feiglin;Daniel
adr:;;POB 36;Shavei Shomron;Doar Na;44858;ISRAEL
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:972 9 8616204
tel;fax:972 9 8621052
tel;pager:Skype user ID: baba_danny