Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Linux, I have my video mode set to "70 Hz", at 1024*768 (gnome desktop,
> 10.2). If I start vmware (a windows virtual machine) and select "Full
> Screen", when I come back to linux I find myself at 75Hz, which doesn't
> work well, forcing me to manually set "70Hz" again - via selecting 60,
> activate, then select 70, activate, because the gadget thinks it is using
> 70.
>
> How can I tell Vmware not to change the video mode, or at least, restore
> the proper video mode, not the one /he/ thinks is the proper one?
>
> I'm using VMware-server-1.0.3-44356

Hi,

maybe you can set the video frequnecy in the windows display settings?

Nevertheless, I wonder, what you are doing (no offense intended).

If you are using a CRT, 70Hz is by todays standards, way to low for any
length of time sitting in front of this. You will do your eyes a favour
If you set it to (at least) 85Hz.

If you are using a TFT, then 60hz is what you need for optimum display
quality.

kind regards
Eberhard