On Wednesday 11 July 2007 11:57:14 Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 12:40 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > ...and then I ran setpci:
> >
> > jabba:/var/log # setpci -s 6.2 4c=0x22
>
>   What does this line do Kai?  I too have a built in card reader on my lappy,
> but it's 6.4, and a different make.
This is a TexasInstruments specific workaround (setting a pci register)
to enable the devices sdhci-mode, so the usual sdhci driver works with it.
(http://list.drzeus.cx/pipermail/sdhci-devel/2005-November/000036.html)

Again, this is totally TI-specific and will not work in general with
internal cardreader slots. It even could be harmfull to other systems.

> 06:04.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB-712/4 Cardbus Controller
> (rev 10)
Sorry, but this ENE controller is currently still not working fully. ENE
isn't very cooperative in helping here. There are some very early experimental
patches, but currently they don't work for all revisions of this controller.
E.g. see http://list.drzeus.cx/pipermail/sdhci-devel/2007-May/001735.html

Frank