On Monday 16 July 2007 22:16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Okay, I've used the "init 0" for shutting down for a week now. Well, it
> can always shut my machine down. But some of the time, the hard drive
> apparently wasn't unmounted because occasionally when I turn on the
> machine, it always replayed transactions. There's about 200 transaction
> replayed when this happens. So, I am worried that eventually it will
> corrupt my Linux. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

You can't shutdown using what?

The
  init 0
from console gives very little time applications to exit cleanly, but most of
them, if they listen the kernel, will have enough time to exit. So this seems
to be some buggy application that doesn't pay attention to kernel messages.

Is that fuse and ntfs-3g or something else you can find out if you remove them
from system, if symptoms remain than it is not this 2 and you can go further.

What I would do is Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get text mode terminal.
Log in as root, and that run
  init 3
to see what is hanging.
If you don't get command prompt after "init 3" than press Enter it should
appear. I suspect that some of GUI application doesn't exit.

If all seems OK and you get your command prompt, than from here you can run
  init 0
to shutdown or
  init 6
to reboot computer and see is there again error messages and transaction
replay.

--
Regards,
Rajko.