James Knott wrote:
> Chris Arnold wrote:
>
>> I have a SLES10 SP1 install in a hardware RAID 5 config. I am looking at
>> adding another Array to the server and what i want to do with that array
>> is mount the entire /opt directory and all its contents onto this new
>> array. Is it possible to do this with the current install or would this
>> break things by mounting to the new array? I really don't want to have
>> to reload everything on this server.
>> Here is what i was thinking:
>> Boot the system, with the new drives installed, with the IBM servraid
>> disc. Configure the new array, prolly RAID 0. Here is where i need some
>> help. Can i then boot the system with SLES10 install disc and mount the
>> existing /opt directory and all its contents on the new array? Looking
>> for help
>>

> Create the new partion on the new RAID array.  Copy over all the
> existing /opt, edit /etc/fstab and then remount /opt.  If your previous
> /opt was a directory under /, you'll probably want to delete all the
> files in it, after you've verified the new /opt works.

OK, i have partitioned the array and have formatted the physical drive. I used
these commands:

fdsik /dev/sdb
-n
-p
-w
Then to formatt i used:
mkfs.reiserfs -f /dev/sdb

Now to copy over the existing /opt folders and files, i am trying to use:
cp /opt/* /dev/sdb/opt and get "not a directory".
What is the correct way to copy over the existing /opt folder and files
as to not break anything? Symbolic links and what not, i do not want to
break anything.