Philipp Thomas schreef:
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 02:07:35 +0300, Munkii wrote:
>
>> after going through the installation instruction described at this link:
>> http://awn.wetpaint.com/page/SVN+Version+Installation  multiple times
>> and with all the built-in dependency hell, i end up with this error:
>
> 1. These instructions were obviously written for debian, as apt-get is
>     not necesarily the tool of choice for openSUSE.
> 2. The names of the development packages are invalid for openSUSE as
>     a) the development packages on openSUSE all end with -devel and
>     b) openSUSE packages are sometimes named differently.
>
> I'd suggest looking at Requires and BuildRequires entries in the .spec
> file of the GURU .src.rpm to possibly get a hint what packages are
> needed.

Better still: use the page:

http://awn.wetpaint.com/page/SuSE+RPM+Specfile?t=anon

(which BTW was the *first* hit with the google search "awn suse") to get exact
instructions how to build an rpm package from this particular tarball.

The lesson to learn from this is, that if you want to install a nifty new
package, it is *always* a good idea to google for "<nifty-new-package> suse".

Regards,
--
Jos van Kan                registered Linux user #152704