On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 02:07:35 +0300, Munkii wrote:

>after going through the installation instruction described at this link:
>http://awn.wetpaint.com/page/SVN+Version+Installation  multiple times
>and with all the built-in dependency hell, i end up with this error:

1. These instructions were obviously written for debian, as apt-get is
    not necesarily the tool of choice for openSUSE.
2. The names of the development packages are invalid for openSUSE as
    a) the development packages on openSUSE all end with -devel and
    b) openSUSE packages are sometimes named differently.

I'd suggest looking at Requires and BuildRequires entries in the .spec
file of the GURU .src.rpm to possibly get a hint what packages are
needed.

>> grep: /opt/gnome/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.la: No such file or directory

Use pin or webpin to search for the file. You fail to mention which
version of openSUSE you have installed and on which architecture
you're running it, but for FACTORY libgtk-x11-2.0.la is contained in
gtk2-devel.

Philipp