> On Tuesday 07 August 2007 09:28, Registration Account wrote:
> > > As you know clamAV provides NO realtime virus detection
> > > and from time to time we all need to execute a clamscan
> > > - Well I just performed a clamscan and found 4 folder
> > > which a year or so stored and catagorised emails and
> > > all 4 folders were infected with
> > > Phishing.Heuristics.emal.spoofedDomain virus's. As
> > > almost all emails are held in mbox format I would
> > > suggest everyone to run a scan periodically. Remember
> > > clamAV provides NO repeat NO real time protection, even
> > > if you copy them to a MS Windows or NSF drive or open
> > > an infected file or execute an infected .bin file
> > >
> > > Scott

There is some thing that I don't understand.

Why would anyone keep every piece of mail that comes through? Especially
junk mail. I know another person that has never deleted any e-mail. She
actually got into a panic once when her computer died and she thought it
was all gone. She was able to retrieve it from her old hard drive. If
something important enough that I want to keep it comes through I print
it off and save it that way. Most of that stuff is genealogy related so
I can file in my cabinet.

"Phishing" e-mails are not a "virus". Just a scam. They do nothing
unless your stupid enough to click on the link and enter name and card
number [ and such ]. If I'm bored I will sometimes play with them. Click
the link and put in stuff like:
"Name" - John E. Hoover
"E-Mail Address" - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I get lots of "phishing" attacks. Mostly from someplace pretending to be
eBay or Pay Pal. If you get one of these send it to "[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
paypal.com". Whichever is appropriate. Believe it or not eBay goes after
these people. Trys to get their ISP's to lock them out.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh